Friday, March 25, 2011

Kulshi Bikhir


Kulshi Bikhir!
(Everything is fine.)
Since I’ll be leaving Oz today for about ten days in my village, I thought I’d try to do a little catch-up beforehand.

In our first three days in our training village, we met our host families, went to the souq (market), registered with the royal gendarmes (a requirement of all people here in Morocco, as in many other countries), were invited to a wedding, and of course studied our butts off. I don’t have much time right now to do more than attach a few pictures to give a sense of how it looks. More details later, I assure you.

Wednesday morning, we went to the souq and did grocery shopping.



The pack animals (all donkeys) waited on the hillside.



The girls all had their hands decorated in henna for the wedding.



The interior courtyard of our training house.



360 degree views from the roof of the training house.






























Posted by Picasa

I'll have much more to tell you and upload to photo albums on my next trip back.

1 comment:

  1. Blessings to you, Jim. And of course, thinking of you- especially while making chocolate chip cookies for the Whitehall meeting! I pray that all is well. Take it easy! Joan

    ReplyDelete